Waitukubuli Amateur Radio Association Inc. (WARA)
Activity of the day in the field from June 22 to 23, 2019
Field day is an annual radio amateur exercise, largely sponsored by the International Union of Radio Amateurs (IARU) regions and member organizations, by encouraging emergency communications preparation among amateur radio operators worldwide. It is generally the largest emergency preparedness exercise in the world, involving thousands of operators each year. Field Day is always the fourth full weekend in June, starting at 1800 UTC on Saturday and ending at 2059 UTC on Sunday.
Since the first Field Day of the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) in 1933, radio amateurs the world have practiced the rapid deployment of radio communication equipment in environments ranging from tent operations in remote areas to operations indoors Emergency operations centers (NECK). Operations using backup and alternative energy sources are strongly encouraged, as electricity and other public infrastructure are often among the first to fail during a natural disaster Where severe weather.
The newly formed Waitukubuli Amateur Radio Association, Incorporated (WARA), with its mission: Serving our community, one key at a time, will participate in this year’s Field Day by showcasing the many uses of amateur radio at the Kalinago Territory Resource Center on June 22-23, 2019.
The aims of this Association are to:
- Promote interest in amateur radio communications and experimentation
- Provide public amateur radio education through periodic courses
- Transmit non-commercial messages by radio free of charge
- More public welfare
- Advancing radio art within the community
- Encourage and promote electronic intercommunications for the personal benefit of members but without pecuniary gain
- Promote education in the field of electronic communication
- Disseminate knowledge and information electronically
- Print and publish documents and brochures for these purposes Article IV No part of the assets of the Association shall be pro. In the light of the above, we invite you to document our activity.
For any other information please contact the President: (interim) John Mitchel – J73MH at 767 3153673.
You can also visit the association’s website at https://warainc.org